Friday, March 17, 2006

Who knows why?

So today was my day off and I had my day planned. I was running errands in the morning and had planned on stopping at Tim Horton's to buy an Iced Cappucino to take to somebody that I used to work with. I have been thinking about Betty a lot lately and felt like this was something I needed to do today. I'm not sure if it was a "God thing" or not. But as I went through the drive-thru at Tim Horton's, they told me that the Iced Cappucino machine wasn't working. Hmmm. Plan B? I drove on without stopping at the office to even say hello to Betty without the Iced Cappucino.

I moved on to my next errands and finally ended up at Home Depot. A woman was in the lighting section, same as myself, with her two girls. I came down the aisle and she looked at me and said, "I know you!" I recognized her then too. Here was someone I haven't seen in a number of years and we used to go to the same church and they were part of our small home group. I stood and chatted with Charlene in Home Depot and connected again after all these years.

I left Home Depot and began to wonder ... if that Iced Cappucino machine had been working, I would have stopped to visit Betty, and then I would have missed out on meeting up with Charlene.

Who knows why sometimes our agendas and schedules get shifted around. Perhaps today I was supposed to bump into Charlene. Perhaps next time the Iced Cappucino machine will be working and I'll be sharing one with Betty.

No comments: