Wednesday, March 22, 2006

3 Cheers!

Tonight my son BJ and his indoor soccer team played for the city championship for their division. It was an exciting game to say the least. BJ's team game back from a 2-0 deficit to win the game, 5-2. They won the A-side city championship (the Cambrian Challenge Cup) as a team for the second year in a row.

BJ has played on this team and for his coach since he was 7 (he's 12 now). I was thinking today of how this will be his last game with this team, but it wasn't until one of the other moms came up to me after the game to give me a hug that I realized it was my last game sitting on the sidelines with these people too! The other parents have been a big part of our soccer experience. They are a great bunch of people and I will miss them.

So 3 cheers for my son and his team, the Melrose Missiles! 3 cheers for his coach, Julius! And 3 cheers for the other parents who have made my soccer experience really enjoyable. I'm going to miss you too.

No comments: