Monday, March 27, 2006

Random Musings to Purposely Pondering

I started this blog over a week ago and on a bit of a whim. I knew I wanted to blog, but really hadn't put a lot of forethought into a blog name, etc. Random Musings popped into my head and I thought that would be a good title, so that was how this blog started out. At one point I actually googled the phrase "Random Musings" and was surprised at the number of books, publications and blogs out there by that name. Not very original on my part.

But as I thought more on it, I realized that my "musings" (defined in Webtser's New Collegiate Dictionary as a state of deep thought or dreamy abstraction) are more "ponderings" (to reflect or consider with thoroughness and care) and those ponderings aren't really random (defined by Webster's as a haphazard course; without definite aim, rule or method) but do have purpose. Hence, Purposely Pondering.

I want to have a purpose and an aim. I'm not always sure what it is when I sit down at the computer, but as I reflect and think about what is happening in my life and around me, I know that I'd like to put it out there to whomever might happen upon it. And if my ponderings can impact someone else, then perhaps my ponderings will indeed have purpose.

No comments: