Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's been awhile ...

It's been awhile since I last wrote some words ... of wisdom? According to the last post, it was July 3. Almost 3 months ago. Life gets busy; sometimes priorities change or we just lose track of where we were headed.

It was a good summer for us. I switched my hours at work and instead of working 3 full days a week, I worked every morning which meant I was home every afternoon with the boys. We spent a lot of time outside -- I read and the boys played in the pool. Except for the many wasps in the yard, it was great. We set out a number of wasp traps (homemade, of course) through the course of the summer and I think we figured out the right "recipe" by the end of August. A cut up apple in the bottom of a 2litre pop bottle, with a bit of pop as well, and the top of the bottle cut off and inverted, and those wasps just couldn't resist. I think we were all amazed that these flying insects could find their way into the bottle, but once inside couldn't seem to find their way out.

And now the kids are back to school, the leaves are changing colour and the days are much cooler. The pool has been emptied and packed away for next year. I need to think about warm jackets, hats and gloves for the kids and whether or not their winter boots will still fit them. I don't know that I'm ready for that yet. I still want those summer days lying around the pool!

No comments: